There is a lot of waiting in cheese making, so it’s disappointing when it doesn’t work. I tried to make more fetta today but something went wrong. I’m mystified. Like a science experiment, I repeated all the steps from my notebook, but it failed to coagulate, so no curds, meaning no cheese. I’d even bought new oil for marinating. Oh well, next time.
Also on the subject of repeat experiments, camembert take two is underway. The last effort ended in a sad and smelly mess of inedible goo – so potent I open the packaging outdoors only. It unfortunately ended its life in our bin. This lot will hopefully be more fruitful. See how pretty it looks under its drying shelter. It has to be better.